Monday, April 30, 2012

What Am I Reading?

 

Oh my list has grown so long.  I have 8 books on the go right now, and I have the Hunger Games series taunting me from my dresser!  I plan to get some of these done before I start anything new.

 

I am reading more about the Biblical lifestyle  and holidays:

 

These three books are really ongoing books.  I will continue to refer back to them over the course of the year, as each holiday arrives and as we go through the seasons of life.

 

More non-fiction:

 

I have been working on Pagan Christianity for about a year now.  I have about 20 pages left.  I have enjoyed the reading so much!  Created To Be His Help Meet is a book I have read a number of times.  This time through it I am reading along with a group of women online.  We are reading and discussing about a chapter every two weeks.  The Strategically Small Church is a book I received with the purpose of doing a review.  I lent the book out almost immediately after receiving it; since getting the book back, I have been reading the material slowly.  I like what I see so far!

 

And some fiction, too:

 

This is the third book in the trilogy by Beverly Lewis.  I have listened to them on my mp3 player while cleaning the kitchen and folding laundry.  In between books, I keep the story going in my imagination.  It’s like I don’t want the story to end.  I want to keep living their lives and wondering what’s happening now.

 

And for our weekly menus:

 

We have tried one week of this menu book and will be trying another this coming week.  Many recipes were new to us in the first week, and were a hit!  I love that the author is Canadian and that the foods are mostly fresh.  The family loves this too!

 

And I thought I needed some time management help:

 

This book is dry, in my opinion.  I bought the day planner as well and it’s not working for me.  I have a system that is mostly working for me.  I need to tweak what I already do and make it work, instead of totally changing the plan and trying to learn something new.  I am still going to make it through the book.  (Yes, I’m one of those people who can’t start a book and not finish it!)  I imagine this title will be on my “currently reading” list for a while!  The author just doesn’t speak my language.

 

If I can get Pagan Christianity, The Strategically Small Church, and The Reckoning done then I’ll add the Hunger Games Trilogy.  I am plowing through these heavier titles and then it will be time for some fun.  Once I get through that trilogy I will get back to the heavier titles that are sitting on my shelf, waiting.

 

Keep reading!

 

post signature

No comments: