"I would define 'Hidden Art' as the art which is found in the 'minor' areas of life. By 'minor' I mean what is involved in the 'everyday' of anyone's life, rather than his career or profession." (page 31)
"the fact that you are a Christian should show in some practical area of a growing creativity and sensitivity to beauty, rather than in a gradual drying up of creativity, and a blindness to ugliness." (page 33)
The second quote hit me really hard! I have been stifling my creativity. I don't do anything any more. I used to write poetry and journal entries. I've kinda started it up again with my blog, but not nearly to where it was before I got married. I also used to play piano and sing some. Not that I was good at it, but I enjoyed it. I seem to have lost myself and my talents in my day to day drudgery. Sewing is another I could work on. I think my hospitality goals are part of reviving this too. Baking. When I think about it, there are lots of things I used to do. I look forward to reading the rest of the book.
No comments:
Post a Comment