Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Hidden Art of Homemaking Chapter 9: Writing - Prose and Poetry

I loved this chapter. I do write better than I speak. I love to journal and have gotten away from doing so. Just recently I have begun to pick up my pen a little more often. I used to write poetry and stories. When J and I were dating (a long distance relationship) I wrote to him almost daily. I wanted him to know me, to know about my day and what I was feeling, learning and experiencing.

I've never had a desire to be published though, I always wrote because I loved to do it. I wrote to communicate with others. I wrote to process thoughts. When I quit writing, I think that I quit processing to the same depth. This chapter just reinforced in me that I need to pick up my pen again. Mrs. Schaeffer suggests writing to spouses, parents, siblings, children and even to God. I can see this happening more often in the near future.

No comments: