Eye Spy Colors by Debbie MacKinnon M loved this book!! She ooohhed and aaaahhhed over every brightly colored page. We'll read this one again.
I See the Moon and the Moon Sees Me by Jonathan London The girls said that this book was too short, but it could have been because they didn't want to go to bed. I loved the repetition and the simple poetry and the illustrations are beautiful.
Thanks for Thanksgiving by Julie Markes and illustrated by Doris Barrette The illustrations are so very busy and yet simple and real to life. The kids loved to see the people interacting. We talked about what we were thankful for and whether it was the same or different as what was mentioned in the book, like we had ham and ice cream while the people in the book had turkey and pie. I had actually forgotten that I'd got the book from the library! So glad it was here for our Thanksgiving dinner day.
The Eye Book by Dr. Seuss / Theo LeSieg This is a simple reading book. My 7 year old can read most of the words. Now that I've read it to them once or twice she will pick up the others quickly.
Look At Your Eyes by Paul Showers This is a science book. In very very simple terms the author tells us about our eyes, our eyebrows and eyelashes and about how our pupils move and change. My kids really enjoyed the easy flowing words descriptions.
Kittens are Like That by Jan Pfloog Simple descriptions of the things kittens do.
"Slowly, slowly, slowly," says the Sloth by Eric Carle A book about the differences in the way animals (people) go about their days. And maybe a reminder to be like the sloth and slow down.
No comments:
Post a Comment