Sunday, October 12, 2008

Kids Say The Funniest Things!

We bought these skulls for decorating for Hallowe'en when we went to the city last and they've been sitting on a window sill until sometime here after Thanksgiving.

Well, today K asks, "where's the ears?"

I said, "Well, they are soft; they're not made from bone."

"What are they made of then?"

"Cartilage."

"What's that?"

"It's a soft tissue that makes up parts of our bodies, like noses and ears."

"WHAT? You mean my ears of made of Kleenex??????"

Okay, J and I were laughing soooo hard! I tried to hide it at first but then she goes, "I bet you laugh until you cry!" Well, that was the end of me. I laughed to very hard that my tummy hurt and I was crying! She just laughed with us until I got control enough to explain to her that there are a few definitions of tissue and in this case tissue meant our skin and muscles and stuff!


post signature

No comments: