Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for my health. I have my health when so many don't.

I have been complaining a little about not being able to do the things I have been used to doing. For the most part, it's normal everyday things, like dishes and laundry. It's hard. I'm behind and I want to just go gungho and catch up but if I do that I won't get better as quickly. I know I'm just recovering from having a baby and that my body was meant to have babies but it is still recovering from some major changes in a relatively short time frame. I need the six weeks they suggest to get better. And after six babies I am just getting that. And so as hard as it is, I am taking the six weeks. Only 2 left now. I can't believe my baby is almost a month old already.

Because of the health I have been blessed with, I can continue to bear the children God gives us. And we love children. I can't wait to be pregnant again! LOL. I mean, yeah, give me time to get back to a good place again, but despite all my complaints when pregnant and this time afterward, I wouldn't change anything. I want to bless this world with good citizens trained in the ways of God.

I have good health; I want to keep it that way. It seems like a vicious circle. If you don't keep up your health, you don't want to really either. But the opposite is also true. I can't wait to start walking again. My children and I walk everywhere and we haven't been able to in the last couple of months. I want to walk to get the mail and go to the library and grab the odd grocery item we need. I want to exercise and do my belly dancing video!


With my good health I can care for my family. I can educate them and train them. I can tackle the finances and sort the mail. I can do the laundry and wash the dishes. So many things I have taken for granted that now, I want to do so badly, at the same level I was doing them before. To those who persevere through constant illness and disease, to do the things we take for granted, I commend you! You are an inspiration. Thank you.

For more thankful posts visit Grace Alone.

post signature

3 comments:

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

As someone who deals with physical health issues I commend you for being thankful for something so many people take for granted! Congrats on your new baby and Happy TT!

Denise said...

Congrats on your new baby. Praying for your health.

Sherrylinn said...

Wonderful post. Congratulations on the new baby!