Monday, December 8, 2008

A Moment For Me and a Thank You


I'll start with the thank you portion of this post, as a lead in to the moment I took for me. In early November, I was looking for recommendations for a digital camera. Well, I didn't get any comments or recommendations on my blog, as you can see by going to that post and looking under comments. However, a friend from high school, whom I have reconnected with through Facebook, messaged me there. She was so kind and generous, saying she had this camera in the closet that they weren't using and did I want it. I was in a state of shock, well, very surprised anyway. All she asked was that I pay for the shipping! Well, it's not very often that you get a deal like that. I asked for more info on the camera and also sent that information to my computer / technology savvy brother for his input. Regardless of what he said, though, we had decided that it was a deal we couldn't pass up. Thanks so much, S!!! Here are some pictures taken with the new "toy".

So, what did I do for me this week? I took the time to get to know the camera a little - snapping pictures like a crazy woman. Who could help themselves with such beautiful children as I have??? Then one evening when all was quite and I had nothing to do because all my work was caught up (HAHAHAHA!) I took the time to install the programs on my computer and learned how to get the pictures from the camera to the computer and then send them to the grandmas and Facebook. It was so much fun and now it's quite easy to just snap a few and transfer right away! The grandparents are going to be very happy to see more pictures of this bunch. (Both sets live too far away to visit often. Although I was blessed to have my parents visit three times this year!! Maybe I'm the favorite. heehee. Just jokin' boys! We all know K is the fav! hee hee)

What did you do, in a moment, just for you this week?? Look for more "moments" over at ShakeTheSalt.


post signature

No comments: