Well, here's another "episode" of Not Me! Monday. Click on the link for other blogs participating this week too.
I did not whine and complain about my dh being out M,T,W night without me, leaving me home alone with the children for way too many hours at a time. I didn't throw it in his face that he got to go out of Christmas dinners while I ate Mac&Cheese again. I wouldn't do that because I knew that he didn't want to be at those dinners.
I didn't let my sick husband sleep until 2:30 Thursday afternoon. I wouldn't keep the kids quiet for him to sleep so that he could get better. And I certainly didn't join him Friday morning until noon! And not Saturday either! I wouldn't do that and use the TV and gingerbread and gingersnaps to keep the kids busy so we could get better by sleeping away this sickness.
I didn't take a sick family to church just because I needed to get out! And of course I was totally critical of all the other mothers who brought their sick families to church!
I didn't let another mom hold my baby for the whole service so I could concentrate on the message and wasn't at all okay with the distraction that Baby R caused with her laughing during the sermon. I wouldn't want anyone else to enjoy her giggles. (She's only 2 months old and adorable.)
Oh, and in that same service, I wouldn't tell my Cutie Boy to spit his mouthful of muffin into my hand so he wouldn't gag. I wouldn't do that because I know that it is disgusting and makes DH cringe and gag. Nope, not me!!!
The temperature around here is so very very cold (-30ish C). So, DH and I wouldn't send our four oldest outside to play. Nope, not us. And we certainly didn't use their outside play time to make sandwiches in peace! And even though they didn't seem ready to come in yet, we would never interrupt their play to get them back in the house to eat only a very very few minutes after sending them out. (Seriously, it did take longer to get them dressed and undressed then we let them play outside.)
I didn't drink 5 cups of coffee in one day without re-hydrating with water.
I didn't try to make the pain of my headache from this cold go away by drinking Butter Ripple Schnapps right out of the bottle. I'd never do something like that.
I didn't say that I liked doing dishes by hand when my dishwasher stopped working this week.
I didn't stay up until 4AM Saturday morning chatting online with a friend (until 2AM) and then with DH until we finally fell asleep. I would never do such a thing when I have been and still am so very sick.
I didn't create another Yahoo group only days after decluttering my yahoo group list to cut down on email. And I most certainly won't be on the search for more yahoo groups on different topics any time soon.
And I am certainly not using Baby R's nap time to sit and write this post. I wouldn't do that when I have a stinky bum to change, lunch to clean up, dishes to wash, clothes to wash, hang and fold, a floor to sweep and maybe mop and kids to put down for a rest time. I wouldn't do that. Not me, not ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment