Sunday, January 4, 2009

Loft Pictures. LOTS of them!

<span class=

We hauled in this wood Christmas Day.
Only the flooring was left outside until the joists were put up.

I took some pictures of the space after I removed most of the furniture. All the furniture that used to be in these spaces was jam packed into the living room and library areas. (So half the room held all the furniture!!!)

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

First section of the wall - where the dressers used to be.

<span class=

<span class=

Building the second section.

<span class=

All pieces up; waiting for floor joists and flooring.

<span class=

<span class=

Finally took down the tree in the midst of the mess. That helped a lot with the amount of stuff in the room. We were better able to organize the furniture then. And moved the dining room table back under the loft.

<span class=

<span class=

The girls love the ladder. And Wyatt does too.
Up and down and up and down! Scares a lot of people! LOL

<span class=

All the joists were settled into place Saturday the 3rd of January.

<span class=

Flooring was up there but not measured and cut until today.
It's still not all cut and placed but over half of the pieces are tacked into place.

<span class=

We found out why our heating bills have been so high! It is a sauna up there! We have had fans up there and the house is so much warmer!! DH is typically a sweaty guy and he has done his fair share working on this loft. I'm not sure what we are going to do when we move up there to sleep! If it's hot in the winter with the furnace going, what's it going to be like in the summer. The temperature in the house during the summer has been 80F plus and I can't handle that! And heat rises! We are going to have to figure something out! I think I'm just going to be glad to have a bedroom!!!

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Dad and I enjoyed your progressive pics!