Friday, May 15, 2009

Getting The Laundry Caught Up With Some New Tools


Only part of Mt. Washmore! And the new tools. Tools purchased Tuesday afternoon.


We're getting Mt. Washmore sorted into Three Hills. The sorting was completed late Tuesday evening.













Three Hills in a cluster beside the washer. Let's get to it!!! By washing three to five loads a day, we were able to tackle these Hills of Laundry-land.


As of the posting of these photos, there are 2 partial loads (lights and darks), and 2 full loads of towels. Everything else has been washed and hung to dry. Friday afternoon saw me folding three very much overfull baskets. These folded items have yet to be put away and the lines are heavy with clothes still drying. But in three days, J and I defeated Mt. Washmore!! Now to maintain this success by continuing to wash, hang and fold three loads a day, as needed.


In addition to working on the laundry, I got the dishes caught up and the boxes and storage shelves organized; J got the shed cleaned out and our antique buffet moved in as storage for things being moved in from the shed. J moved his automotive repair tools and workbench out of my porch area and into the shed. He moved all the gardening items to the greenhouse attached to the house. I am gaining more "real estate" in my house!!! I'm taking back my home from the clutter and S. T. U. F. F.** And we ran around the house and yard about 6 times (on Friday) to get a cardio workout.

**S.T.U.F.F. = Something that undermines family fun; a Flylady acronym.


Striving to learn and live God's purposes,

post signature

3 comments:

Grandma Johnny said...

Wow, and double Wow!

Anonymous said...

Wow you are doing great!! I am so happy to hear you are getting stuff done!! wooooooo!! Your laundry area looks wonderful! I have those same hampers :) Mine start to stretch after a while and then the bag doesn't stay on properly :( In my case that would be from overfilling!!

Michelle S

Amanda said...

It feels so good to tackle those mountains, doesn't it?! I have a 3-basket sorter for laundry, too, and it makes a huge difference. As soon as one bag is full, it's time to throw that load in. I rarely get behind because of it.