My answers:
Do we always have a Thankful Spirit?
No. I am trying harder lately though.
How about you?? Where are you today?
I am learning that the things I do too often are not things that make my husband trust me. My dh's job (fire fighting) means that he has to leave at a moment's notice. I can't expect the same attention when he's leaving. Also, I can't expect that he will call and check in. He needs to trust that I can carry on at home without him, for hours and at times a day or two.
Where does joy start?
I need to find true joy.
Have I been discontent in my lot in life? Do I have my own "pity parties?
I am generally discontent. I don't like it and I am trying to change it. On the outside and what others see on my blog is not always what is really going on. What others see is after I've struggled through and solved the issue. I am a selfish, childish woman lots of the time.
Do I verbally show thanksgiving every day?
I am getting a lot better at this!
Do I thank God daily for my husband??
I do thank God for my husband. Daily? I try.
Would friends describe me as joyful, thankful and content?
This one was tough for me too. I'm not joyful. I am thankful. And I'm learning to be content. Getting better everyday at all of them!
How can I add practicing joy and thanksgiving into my life?
Smiling. Just because.
Am I willing to lay down my grievance toward my husband for the hope of a heavenly marriage??
I am! It is a constant battle. I feel like I'm winning though!
Striving to learn and live God's purposes,
2 comments:
I have yet to read that book, but have heard lots about it from my sister.
It sounds like it would be a book worth reading.
I read this post yesterday but last night in bible study, this verse touched me:
"My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:" Psalm 63:5
Post a Comment