January - getting up at a decent hour
February - folding and putting away laundry
March - washing all the dishes daily
April - reading to the kids more
May - reinforce previous habits
June - getting the main living areas tidy
July - OOPS - didn't have one.
Is it really the 8th month of the year? Wow!
My DH went to see the doctor and the doctor has told him that he needs to change his diet or he is at risk for high blood cholesterol and diabetes. So, we added lots and lots of fruits and veggies and have been feeling ill ever since. It is just our bodies getting rid of the junk we've put into it. There is another fire fighter that has done the same (as well we've all increased our activity level to get the weight down). Great changes, but painful transitions.As part of this diet change, I want to add more water. So I think that my focus for August is to add more water to my diet. I'm still going to enjoy my coffee, because I love my coffee, but I'm going to try to cut the extra treats (like chocolate and ice cream) and add more water.
Now, I don't expect that we will cut out the treats altogether but we'll scale them back. Lifestyle changes are as important (if not more so) as housekeeping habits. Because we are doing as a family and with friends, I think these changes will be easier too. Join me??
Striving to learn and live God's purposes,
1 comment:
Having done the crash & burn routine several times, I have lately been trying to focus instead on subtle but sustainable goals & habits. One that I started about a month ago was getting in at least 8 glasses of water daily, so I will definitely be joining you this month as I continue to solidify that habit. I'm a believer when it comes to water; helps me be less munchy & gives me nicer skin, too. :)
Post a Comment