Monday, August 3, 2009

Menu Planning Monday - SBD / Mediteranian Diet Recipe Requests


Ok, so I've mentioned a couple of times that we've been changing our diet. We are adding lots and lots of veggies, a bunch of fruit, cutting back on meat a little, and I've cut all breads and bad carbs for now. It is taking it's toll on our systems. But it's a good thing; we will be better for it. DH is already the person he used to be before he added 30 pounds (most of which he's already lost!).

So I have to learn new recipes and I have to actually cook! I'm sending out a request for SBD, high veggie recipes. HELP! Crockpot cooking is one of my fav ways to go, but I'm SICK of soups and stews; I have 3 crock pots, so I can do up to three dishes that way.

HELP!!!

So the meat for this week is beef steaks, chicken breast, some fish of some sort. Veggies will be whatever is cheap this week at the grocery store.


Striving to learn and live God's purposes,

post signature



Don't forget to check out the great giveaways at Simply Sensational Divas Review.

3 comments:

inkylou said...

Highly random SBD contribution: The one day I did SBD, I found that cottage cheese plus canned Italian spice tomatoes tastes remarkably like lasagna. So, if you like lasagna, there's an option to work with.

Am said...

This may be a silly question, but what does SBD mean?

L Harris said...

SBD = South Beach Diet