Sunday, August 9, 2009

One Year To An Organized Life - August: Moving Week One

Well, we are not moving, so I won't be doing the work and journaling suggested in this book but I'll cover briefly what Regina Leeds talks about in this chapter. I can't imagine moving from this home. We love it here. I would have a lot of emotional and intellectual work to do if we moved! I'm so glad this chapter is here.

(We're over halfway through the year!)

Leeds suggests writing about why we are moving, what our feelings are about this move (fears, joys, etc) and ways to be more comfortable with some of those feelings and issues. By making a plan, these things are easier to work with.

The second part of the journaling is to answer four questions: 1. How much time before the move? And what needs to be done in that time. 2. What's the budget? If there isn't one, make one. 3. Is the new residence bigger or smaller? Make concrete goals for moving in. 4. Are you moving all your possessions? Downsize everything possible! (Question 4 is a short section but really helpful; I'm not going to spill what's there, but wow, I'm not moving and I learned a lot!)

Lastly, Regina suggests creating a Moving Binder. Put everything relavant to the move in the binder. Some sections she suggests are: children, new home, new neighborhood, pets, moving preparation, travel information.

Striving to learn and live God's purposes,

post signature



Don't forget to check out the great giveaways at Simply Sensational Divas Review.

No comments: