Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back to Habit of the Month - Morning Routine Without The Computer!

After being away from my Do No Disturb Tuesday for a long time I am finding myself gravitating back toward spending hours and hours day upon day at my computer and neglecting all else - hubby, kids, home, friends, exercise.  After an incomplete but very heated discussion with my hubby, and a cooling off time (still cooling off as he's fighting yet another fire) and a "tell it like it is" / "let's make a plan" conversation with Christi from Polka Spot Farm, I now have a plan.  I'm getting back to making better habits, replacing the icky ones that have taken over my life.


First thing we are working on is a MORNING ROUTINE that does not (at least for me) include the computer in any way, shape or form, until after we have started school.  (Very often I need to print from the computer during our school time.)  So here is my new and improved Morning Routine:


read from New Day, New You devotional
make bed
get dressed
go to the bathroom
wipe things down
hair, teeth, face

get the kids up
make coffee and breakfast
eat and take vitamins

check the calendars
start the day's to do list
start supper
check the laundry
do a quick tidy / kids do chores

start school work


I do best when I start early in the day and I haven't been doing so again.  I think that I'm going to try to get up at 0730 each morning irregardless of how the night went.  I can always take a nap later, if my morning goes well, which it usually does if I'm up before the kids.  Also, I reinstated the rule of "NO ONE gets out of bed until MOMMY comes to get you!"  I will plan to get the kids up by 0800 and start school by 0930.


Striving to learn and live God's purposes,
post signature

3 comments:

Christi said...

i love your plan, and i think its gonna work! looking for an online devotional, and i think i'll be done with mine too.

Camie said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog from the UBP and congrats and baby #6!

I hope your plan goes smoothly and that everyone will be blessed in following it.

I do that too - re-evaluate and make plans. I find it refreshing! May God guide you.

Blessings!

Camie

Camie said...

Oh and I like the rule of "NO ONE gets out of bed until MOMMY comes to get you!" lol