Wednesday, March 21, 2012

About Our Homeschool

 

“This is TOOOOOOO HaRd!  I can’t do ALLLLL these questions!”  I hear it almost every day!  And I don’t require very much each day, either.  The level 3 math books that Kristyn and Cora-Jean are working on now have fewer pictures and more questions per page. 

 

HA HA!  Time to grow up, girls!

 

Ya know what though… They’ve completed the two pages I require each day that I require it.

 

We sit down for math work Sunday (unless we go to church) through Friday, most weeks.  Rayna has a preschool level book that is teaching her letters, numbers, colors and shapes.  She loves it.  She is self-directed completely and can work on any page she wants.  I’ll read her the directions (or one of the older girls will) if she wants, but if not that’s okay too.  Rayna is just pleased to be included in math time.  Wyatt tends to do more than the required 2 pages a day.  Wyatt (level 1 book) and Marrissa (level 2 book) require a lot of help reading the instructions and explaining what needs to be done because Wyatt reads very little (if at all) and Marrissa is starting to pick up more words every day.  I sit at the table with the five of them and help where needed, but mostly I just keep them focused.  Kristyn and Cora are both working in the level 3 book and I love the competition and the comradery.  They each try to get done first but then as soon as one is done, she digs right in and helps her sister get her pages completed too! 

 

As soon as the required pages are done, they are free to go play.  They love it!  With the warmer weather, they usually choose to go outside, jump on the trampoline or play in their “fort” under the big evergreen trees down the hill.  They have made a little “house” down there, using a blanket to section off the bathroom, and in one of the “bedrooms” someone has a blanket in the shape of a nest on the ground.  I haven’t seen my children pretend play this much in a long time!  I love it!

 

Striving to learn and live God's purposes,
post signature

No comments: