Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Whatcha Readin’?

 

I’m reading again!  Last year I challenged myself, on GoodReads.com, to read 30 books.  I did it!  This year, I upped the self-imposed requirement.  In 2012, I want to read 40 books.  So far, I’m 2 books ahead of schedule.  I’m not only counting the books I read with my eyes, but also the ones I read with my ears – the audio books.

 

This past week I finished two books –

The Calhouns: Catherine, Amanda and Lilah: Courting Catherine\A Man For Amanda\For The Love Of Lilah

and

Shunning, The

 

I am sure that my high school English teacher would say both of these are “kitty lit” but I don’t care.  Sometimes ya just need to disappear into another’s world and read some mindless stuff.  Most of the time I read hard stuff – non-fiction, thought-provoking, mind-numbing.  Since our house fire, I’ve wanted to escape into someone else’s troubles or into another world all together.  These two books did that for me this week.

 

Currently in my reading pile are:

 

The 7 Minute Solution: Creating a Life with Meaning 7 Minutes at a Time

Pagan Christianity?: Exploring the Roots of Our Church Practices

Strategically Small Church, The: Intimate, Nimble, Authentic, and Effective

Unveiled

 

I also have (am waiting for from my library system) the audio version of The Confession by Beverly Lewis.  Finally, I have Called to Controversy by Ruth Rosen waiting to be read and reviewed as well.

 

I am so excited to start digging into some of these books.  I hope to glean a lot of good information, be entertained and have my head hurt just a little from taking in too much too fast!

 

Happy reading!

 

Striving to learn and live God's purposes,
post signature

No comments: