This chapter starts with two passages from the Bible that I never considered in terms of integration before.
"After this I beheld, and lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne; and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb."
"And the brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. but when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forgid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God."
The first speaks of all people of all races and languages meeting before God's throne. The second tells "how Jesus became displeased with the disciples because they were trying on one occasion to segregate the children from the grown-ups. The disciples were displaying an attitude which regards adults as more important, while children needed to be brushed aside." (page 198). I am excited to continue to institute this chapter in our family life. I love meeting with the grandparents in our church. Our birthday parties include all family members. Any celebration that we "throw" includes men and women and children of all ages. This is already an important aspect in our lives. I'd like to see it even better executed and have more emphasis put on it and extend the practice into our church family as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment