Thursday, October 2, 2008

Telemarketers

Just got a call about our Vista on the laptop. I guess the computer sent this company a message about there being files that had been downloaded and not deleted and so they were calling to clean up the laptop remotely. So he walks me through the website to where you are signing up and then tells me there is a 25$ charge for the first three months and then we'd have to sign up again to continue the service at a further fee!

I lost it on him!

I said, YOU should have told me that from the beginning! I don't want to sign up for anything right now. I'm not going to pay your 25 dollars (US) to watch my computer remotely. I have a anitvirus, scanning thingie, I don't need yours!

Okay, I can delete my own files. I can clean up my own computer! (I didn't say this to him, but ., . . ) Yes, I understand that the clean up needs to be done but after 15-20 days it is not going to crash my harddrive! I'm not stupid! My pc won't be corrupted forever. I won't have to buy a new computer.

WHEN WILL TELEMARKTERS GET IT! IF I want a service I will go looking for it!!!!!!!! I should just not answer! I shouldn't answer those unknown # callers. It just irritates me further. I was already having a crappy day (that was getting better) and now! NOW! I'm angry again! I hate it. They push sooooo hard to get me to sign up! Just shut up already! I don't want your stupid product!

I know Canada just got this Do Not Call List, but I haven't signed up yet and it's gonna take a month, probably more to get it all sorted out. We got call display for that purpose - so I didn't have to answer the phone, if I didn't want to - but the curiousity gets the better of me and I always answer! What if I do want the product??? And I missed out on a real cool deal????

GGRRRRRRRR!! No more! I'm not answering unidentified numbers!!!!

post signature

No comments: