Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thankful Thursday


I am thankful that my body knows what to do and when the time is right. At least that's been my experience. I know my hips and back are preparing for delivery. My hormones (and emotions there realated) are nuts! Tears so often and saying silly things that don't make sense to who I am when I'm at my best, over reacting when I normally wouldn't.

I'm thankful that my kids are now at an age where they understand that I'm tired and why I can't do this or can't do that and are willing to help or let me nap.

I am thankful that we live in a small town, that I can walk to where I need to go and that everything is close enough that I don't get worn out from getting a few groceries and the mail. I am thankful that my dh works in our small town and that his job only takes him, at the most, 15 minutes away from our home at any given time. Along that line I am thankful for the technology of cell phones that allow me almost instant access to him no matter where he is!

I am thankful for my church group, specifically for the ladies that stop by to help - one lady came by this week with lavender to help with my sinuses and prayed for me, another brought cookies, honey and helped me clean the house and a third called just to chat and will come next week to help me sort clothes! Oh, and the family that has essentially put their life on hold until our baby comes so that my older children can stay there when I go into labor.


post signature

3 comments:

Denise said...

May God watch over you dear one.

Svr said...

That is awesome LD! Glad your church is supporting you too! :)

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

Your post makes me wish I were just down the street so I could come over and do your dishes and laundry. Minnesota is still so very very far... Your Thankful Thursday is clearly full of gratitude -- and GOD knows how grateful you are for HIS Care of you during such a precious time. The family of GOD is just that: FAMILY.
Take Care!
Happy THankful Thursday!
-esthermay