I recently subscribed to Simple Mom's feed via email and have really been enjoying her posts. The one I read a week ago was particularly motivating. At least my thoughts have been going nuts since and I've read other posts (here and here) linked in her "morning routine" post and developing a project of sorts for the next year. Each month I plan to pick a habit to focus on to develop and maintain. I hope to take items from my 101 in 1001 list. I have considered listing the 12 habits - one for each month - but I don't want to choose them all today. I want to choose them, based on need, as each month comes.
I have decided on January's habit; I want to start getting up early again. While pregnant with Baby R, I had started getting up before DH and the family. I would get dressed and start coffee, read my Bible and just have some time for me, before the day started. We instituted the rule that the children had to stay in bed until I got them up. Being that DH is not a morning person, we find the morning runs much smoother if he has very few distractions! Children up and about and asking for things - breakfast, TV, candy, etc - is just too much.
So, my plan for January is to start getting up before everyone again. I'd like to aim for 7 AM at the latest, but Baby R has been getting up around 6 AM for a feeding, so I may go with that time - whatever her morning feeding is each day. Time will tell. If the feeding is at 5, it won't happen! In addition to getting up early, I want to institute a morning routine. (Items in bold are in my current morning routine.)
- get dressed to shoes including hair and face
- swish and swipe the bathroom
- start the computer
- start the coffee
- start the washer
- read/study Bible
3 comments:
I also want to start getting up earlier in the morning. Doing the same five things every morning sounds like a great and easy way to start a routine to your day. I also like the idea of starting a new habit every month. These are things that I will definitely try in my life.
Sounds like a good plan. I need to get up earlier so I an exercise and get a shower before the children get up for school. How does one get to be a morning person?
Well, I;m not sure how one becomes a morning person. I think you are or you aren't but you can train yourself to work like a morning person.
Post a Comment