Monday, December 8, 2008

Not Me Monday #1


Okay, I'm gonna try this. I think I need this little giggle at myself and my week.

Early this week I did not purposely wash and dry 4 loads of laundry and leave it unfolded in baskets knowing full well that two dear ladies were coming the next day to give me a hand. I wouldn't want to give them something to do.

I did not buy my DH his favorite kind of chocolate along with a couple other boxes and then go ahead and eat my whole box in one sitting. Following that, I did not proceed to eat DH's box of chocolate and share it with the children. And following that, I never would have shared a third box with the children!!! I wouldn't do that, because I have self-control.

I did not take away all snacks for two days.

I did not just throw another blanket over a wet bed in the middle of the night just so I could go back to sleep quicker. And I didn't tell one of the girls to do the same on at least one other occasion. I'm not lazy or overtired.

I also did not use the tv as a babysitter so I could take a nap. I did not give in to Cutie Boy's tantrums when I said he couldn't watch Elmo in Grouchland for the gazillionth time this week. And I certainly did not reserve more Elmo dvds through our library system for him either. I would never feed such an obsession.

Oh, and I did not allow my son to rip and tear at board books to just to keep him quiet and in his bed.

There are many many more Not Me Monday posts over at My Charming Kids. Go take a look and a laugh with others this week.

post signature

1 comment:

LucieP said...

hey I say whatever keeps mama happy and rested is OK!