Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What I Learned This Week.



1. Get all the information before you speak, even (or especially) if that speaking is on Twitter and Facebook.

2. Real friends are so very important in my life.

3. I am a very selfish and angry person. I need to and am working on changing. It is a daily, moment by moment battle.

4. I wouldn't have the friends I have today without the internet, but my IRL family (and friends) need to come before (or rather in balance with) my "virtual life". That's not to say that you "virtual friends" aren't as important or aren't real people. Rather, there are very few people in real life that I speak with every day, so you might be seeing a little less of me online. Oh but mostly it was that nasty addicting app called Farm Town, which as of this evening has vanished from the face of the planet that we call Facebook. And I am sooooooo sad. Anyway, moving on.

5. I expect much less of my current 2 year old boy and almost four year old girl than I did of my now 6 and 7 year old girls when they were those ages. Lil M is whiny and lazy in comparison. And that Cutie Boy gets away with WAY TOO MUCH, just because he is so very extremely cute. And not due to the fact that he's the only little boy in this house of girls. Needless to say, there are some changes coming for Little M and W in the next little while.

6. DH and I make a freat team; okay, I already knew this too, just realized it again.

7. I can keep a secret from my kids! They still don't know their grandparents are coming this weekend. I've known for awhile and I didn't tell them. Go me!

Striving to learn and live God's purposes,

post signature

4 comments:

Anne said...

It's hard to treat all the kids the same. Especially if they're being particularly cute, or particularly obnoxious.

Ruby said...

Hi L!
You certainly live and learn. 2 & 6 are winners.
And I find 7 is imperitive, else you can pay for it in the never ending questions that go on for days, weeks....if you tell them stuff too early!
Have a nice day :D
Ruby

Marie said...

I LOVE surprising my kids! So much fun. It's hard not to let the cute youngest ones get away with stuff. They are so cute when they are little!

Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

These are SO good. Well, #3s not necessarily GOOD but it's transparent and you can only make improvement if you're aware!

My pastor shared something similar to #4 here (well, it's about technology anyway)

http://fullydevoted.blogspot.com/2009/06/what-would-jesus-think-of-twitter.html