I was so excited to see that Christi's theme was Quiet Nights for Date Night this week, because our dates were spent at home, either while the kids were outside playing or when they were already in bed.
There were a couple of nights when J's activities (fire department stuff or helping a friend) required him to be away just as I was serving supper. So I decided that I would serve the children, get the meal cleaned up and get the kids to bed. When J got home, I got away from the computer, and sat with him while he ate. We talked and just enjoyed spending time together in a quiet house.
Then yesterday, the children (except Baby R) went to one of the back alley neighbor's homes to jump on their trampoline. We sat and had coffee and chips and dip together while chatting about the week and what this weekend held for us. It was so nice just to spend time with him uninterrupted, in my own home. It was cheap and comfortable.
Striving to learn and live God's purposes,
Don't forget to check out the great giveaways at Simply Sensational Divas Review.
1 comment:
Love the idea of a quiet evening at home, now I need to make it happen.
Post a Comment