Yesterday, I tried again (third time I think). First thing in the morning, I put him in his CARS (the movie) underwear. He loves his Cars underwear but wants to wear them over his diapers. Well, when I tried to get them on him without a diaper, he was kicking and screaming! "I DON'T WANNA WEAR DEM! NO MOMMA NO!!!" I insisted and he wore underwear until supper time. By supper time I was so sick of wet spots and wet clothing that I put him in a diaper. I think he went through 8 pair!
At one point we were sitting talking with a friend and J looks over at W. There is a puddle under him. J says, "W, do you know what you just did on the floor?" W looks under him and pokes at the puddle. Totally oblivious that this liquid could have come from him!!!!! But he very willingly wiped it up and went and changed his wet clothes. He has no clue when he's peeing unless he SEES it coming out of himself.
So, back to diapers it is. I'm not too worried about it. I'd rather change diapers than clean up messes on the floor all day. I have too many other children and chores to take care of to be doing that all day. We'll try again once summer really hits. Then I probably won't try again until after the baby comes. He'll be closer to four then.
Striving to learn and live God's purposes,

3 comments:
please be patient! Just keep working on it, even if you have him in underpants for 1 hour a day. Eventually, he'll figure it out. It may take a year, maybe more, but if you keep at it, he'll figure it out! My son is turning 2, and we are just at the beginning. I don't know how much he'll figure out and how quickly, but I know that I've done this before, and they do learn eventually. Since he's the first boy you've potty trained, I know it is probably completely different. Have your husband work with him a little, too. Standing at the potty is a good way for dad to show boys how it all works.
Also--if he takes a bath, and you talk about where the pee comes from, he might start making the connection.
Potty training is so hard! So glad to "meet" you through the ubp10!!
Potty training is hard work! I bet once summer comes you can let him run around naked in the yard and he'll eventually link it all together. IDK though, I have a girl and it's been a journey to get to the point we're at. That's just the plan many of my friends who are momma's of boys have :)
~ Michelle
Post a Comment