Tuesday, April 27, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (I know I'm late.)


 I know I'm late; I know it's Tuesday.  That's okay.  I think.  I hope.  I just wanted to tell how my reading went this week.

Honestly, I didn't read much.  I read the Above Rubies Magazine I got in the mail early last week.  There were some very encouraging articles this time.  Sometimes I find many "super-moms" in the Above Rubies issues; this time was different.  I left it feeling very encouraged and wanting to pass it on to others.

We had a busy week.  Lots of birthday parties and performances.  I am really looking forward to tomorrow when we get to stay home all day!

Other books I worked at reading included The Magician's Book, Fascinating Womanhood, and A Voice in the Wind.  The Magician's Book requires some deeper thinking; it is not bedtime reading, in my opinion.  Fascinating Womanhood is more of a study than a casual read; I am enjoying it.  A Voice in the Wind is thick / long.  I find it daunting and the content starts very overwhelming, in depth.  The author jumps write into the story and doesn't lead up.  I feel like I"m starting at the end without getting the beginning of the story.  Needless to say, I'm having trouble with all the books I am currently reading.

But it's also been one of those weeks.  I can't wait to get back to the regular pace of life, so I can read more and not be so tired.  I learned this week how much I thrive on being at home!  People drain me.  That sounds mean, but I am introverted all the way!  I love people.  I love being with my friends and my friends "feed" me and encourage me.  However, I need a lot of down time.  I am so different than my eldest daughter!  She has had a blast this week and I can imagine will be BEGGING to go visiting this week.  She thrives on being out and about and with people!

So, what are you reading?  Check out BookJourney's blog for a linky and more blog posts about books!


Striving to learn and live God's purposes,
post signature

1 comment:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Love your blog - the yellow is so spring! :D

I hope you are enjoying A Voice In The Wind. Francine Rivers is amazing isn't she? I have read so many of her books and loved them.

Have a wonderful week!