Monday, April 26, 2010

Performing!

The two oldest girls, K and C, are involved in choir and dance each week.  On Saturday (24th) they performed their dance routine at an art festival.  (No pictures yet.)  Today and tomorrow (26th and 27th) they are performing at the local Rotary Music Festival.

Today they sang with the whole choir.  They sang three songs that were very difficult according to the adjudicator!  I am very pleased with their instructor and impressed that she is pushing the group as a whole.  My girls are the youngest two there at 7 and 8 years of age.


I got some pictures of them before we left the house today.






My friend Tammy-Lee and her hubby had the youngest three children today while we took the older two to the festival.  Much less stressful.  Tammy-Lee will have the youngest 3 again tomorrow as well.

Tomorrow K and C sing a duet - Sing a Rainbow - is the song.  They are so excited and claim not to be nervous!  I am so proud of them!  (They were very excited and not nervous AT ALL for today!)




Then after a short break at the house, the girls needed to get dressed for a rehearsal for their year-end choir performance!  K is singing a duet with another girl.  The song is "When I'm Sixty-Four".  K is the old lady and her duet partner the old man of the song!  It will be a HOOT I'm sure!  Just look at this costume we cooked up!




 I need to get a picture of C's too; her costume was not complete before we left today so I'll try to get it next week when they have a second dress rehearsal.  Year-end performance in on the 10th of May.

Striving to learn and live God's purposes,
post signature

5 comments:

Grandma Johnny said...

Ooooooohhhhhh! They look so grown up! I wish we were there to watch them perform! Is there a chance of video taping it? Can't hardly wait to see more pictures!

Michelle said...

They are so pretty!!!

Looks like you are a big reader!

Svr said...

How fun is that! Absolutely awesome. I bet this is the highlight of their every week. Thanks for sharing LaDonna. :D

Christi said...

I hope that we get to see video!

L Harris said...

I did not get video of this week, but I will find out how and if we can get it for their year-end performance. They will be performing the same songs there as they have at this festival.