Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I am trying a couple of new regular weekly posts - What are you reading one on Mondays and this one, for Tuesdays.


FOR TODAY, it's getting late in the day already.  And a long day it has been!
Outside my window, it is cold and dreary and starting to get dark.
I am thinking that I really want to be in bed, asleep.  The children are in their beds, exhausted from a busy week of playing and performing!
I am thankful for my husband and the fact that he took time to be with us this week to see the older girls perform their dance and choir numbers.
From the learning rooms: we had lots of new experiences this week.  Today the girls (K and C) performed a duet at a music festival!
From the kitchen: I produced very little in the kitchen today.  I cleaned up some and did some dishes.
I am wearing maternity blue jeans that have that silly panel in the front that goes over your belly.  I much prefer the others that ride low on the stomach!  My top is dressy-casual; it's not my favorite.
I am creating a plan for tomorrow - need to make bread, do laundry, and keep working away at the kitchen mess.
I am going to bed very soon.  I have a headache and I need some time away from media and people.
I am reading Fascinating Womanhood by Helen Andelin.
I am hoping for a good night's sleep.
I am hearing NCIS and a daughter who should be in bed!.
Around the house there are messes!  EVERYWHERE!  That's what happens when you are only home long enough to eat, change clothes and sleep.
One of my favorite things is a clean kitchen counter.  I love how much that gives me a sense of accomplishment and peace.  I wish I could have a place for everything  UNDER the cupboard, behind cupboard doors.  Alas, there is not space for that in my kitchen.  Maybe in the new one.
A few plans for the rest of the week: stay home.  make bread and muffins.  stay home.  visit the library.  stay home.  (Did I mention that already?)
Here is picture for thought I am sharing.



Please visit Peggy's Daybook Blog for others that have linked up as well.


Striving to learn and live God's purposes,
post signature

2 comments:

Hen Jen said...

messy seems to be the theme at my house today, too! How exciting for your girls to be in a music festival!

I enjoyed your daybook,
much grace and peace to you this week,

Dayna said...

What a great post!

I've never tried the low-rider maternity pants. They weren't available when I was having babies, but they sound so much cuter and more comfortable.

I hope you'll be able to "stay home" more this week.
:-)