I am thankful that the oil field work has slowed down enough that my husband can fight real fires, where he's needed here in town. He's out on another call this morning. That man LOVES FIRE!!! He may not have wanted to leave the house just yet this morning, but that didn't stop him from calling to me, "I NEED UNDERWEAR! Where are my clothes?!?!?!" Thankfully they were in HIS basket close by and he was out the door in no time flat.
Seriously, I am so thankful for our fire department family. I've said it over and over and I'll keep saying it. They are a wonderful group of people. This week the chiefs are at a training in the US. Just so happens that assistant chief's anniversary falls this week. He had the dept members that were available go and deliver flowers to his wife at work! And J jumped at the chance to do something like that for this couple! It's so fun.
I can't wait for the fire ban to be off so we can start our spring/summer/fall backyard campfires. So many weekends we run on almost no sleep because we are at campfires Friday and Saturday nights until midnight or later. All of us. The kids crash on lawn chairs or strollers or couches or they are running wild just like the adults. This warmer season is when we really get to know the other men, women, spouses and children. It's when we do the bonding as a fire fighter extended family. This summer two of our members are marrying each other! J is in the wedding party. I can't wait!
I'm thankful today!
Striving to learn and live God's purposes,

4 comments:
God bless your firefighter.
It sounds like a rich and rewarding life, but a hurried one too! May your family be blessed for answering this special calling and my the firefighters there be protected as the work to keep others safe.
Blessings,
Cheryl
BTW, thanks for visiting. I am now following your firefightin' family!
Found you through Thankful Thursday. Love the picture. It caught my attention because my son just graduated from fire academy and is now entering paramedic training. What a calling this is. They definitely need the passion.
Blessings to your family. Glad I stopped by.
Post a Comment