Sunday, January 4, 2009

Monthly Review of 101 in 1001 Days list.

I've updated the original post as well.

1. The loft is started!

4. The regular home school routine is starting this week. We are starting with Letter of the Week again.

8. Well, we had decided to gradually increase our savings every three months, but have since decided to jump right in and take 200 off the top! It’s in there and we’ll adjust as needed. So if that continues, we’ve covered 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13!!! WOOHOO!!!

15. I’m reading and listening to adult books!! Not through one a week yet, but I’m at least doing it and that’s what counts. Still would like to get to one a week.

16. I was reading to the kids; I had started with a book a night and I stopped! I’m very disappointed about that, but I’m going to try again.

20. Windows are insulated. (Not sure if I mentioned this one before.)

22. I’m not writing snail mail letters weekly, yet, but I’ve written more snail mail letters since starting this list than I had written in the previous three or four years.

24. I am turning the computer off or staying away from it more. It is not all consuming anymore.

25. We are slowly getting rid of “garbage toys” and that is helping with storage. Also we have been blessed with some dressers and desks for the kids. So that is definitely helping with stuffy and clothing storage!

32. Drinking more water and Gatorade and stuff like that. Not up to what I want to drink, but getting there.

36. Shower has a curtain.

37. We decided to sell the wood furnace as it doesn’t seem like it will meet our needs.

40. I got a mp3 player for Christmas and I put the New Testament on it. I’ve been listening to that while I’ve been doing my morning routine.

41. TV time gets cut this week! I’m so sick of it.

42. I’ve got more glass and stainless steel bowls. They were given to me! So excited about that.

47. R’s birth story was written shortly after she was born.

50. I have the 29th marked on my calendar with a Flylady sticker as a reminder. Not sure what I’m going to do as a mini-celebration, but it’s marked for the whole year.

54. Haven’t started it yet, but I’ve been thinking about starting my belly dancing video.

92. Jason took the fire course S-300.

Well, we’re only 2 months into this project. Only two months in and we’ve started or finished at least 19 things (there were a few I didn’t mention that we’ve started) and more that are in the plans for the next couple of weeks. I’m very excited about this!

So I figured out that in order to complete all 101 things on the list, you have to complete three of them a month. So I’m WAY ahead of schedule! hee hee And that’s great because I know there will be some months when we won’t do any.

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! But I must say I am just a tad bit excited to see the progress of the building of the loft!

L Harris said...

Ok ok ok! :) I'll post some pictures tonight or tomorrow! I've had sooooo many ask. lol